Hmmm...what's going on? Mom finished the first shot of chemo. She is doing well, or that is what it seems. They keep running blood tests as part of the clinical trial...and it looks like everything is in the clear, just as normal as you and me. I fixed dinner tonight, my first attempt at one of the recipes in the new cancer cookbooks I bought. Outside of me being the slowest food preparer in the world, the actual cooking part took me like 15 minutes tops. The meal was delicious and healthy all at the same time. Made some angel hair pasta coated in little bit of garlic, oil, chopped "fresh" tomatoes, and avocados. I never would have thought of avocados, but damn it was good eatin'. Tomorrow I am going to attempt a chicken, barley, and bowtie soup. Doesn't look to be that difficult.
Also, the lil' bro left for school today. It's a little sad. I'm going to miss being able to yell words like "turd" around the house and it be funny funny. But at least last night we got to go out, just him and me, to the Cheesecake Factory, even if it did take them longer than an hour to seat us and get us our food. The poor pupper is a bit unhappy about things. But he'll adjust.
The knitting is coming along...thank you ladies for all of your tidbits. The book I picked up had loads of pictures, and lots of patterns and projects to try. I guess my big problem now is trying to figure out what type of yarn to use for a hat that won't be super scratchy? Mom has already said wool is out, as well as, 100% acrylic yarn. *I have a hat that is 100% acrylic, and she doesn't like it that much (I love the hat, but I guess that is cause I have this mess of hair on my head.)*
Trying to figure out what to do for my birthday, (maybe suzer can come down, and cryssy too), maybe a movie, maybe go to the imax theater, maybe go out and drink myself silly, maybe i don't know...go bowling. I have no idea. Thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
^signing off.
No comments:
Post a Comment