Now, let me preface this by....I have been going through football withdrawal for the past two weeks.
I think that was the worst officiated, badly played Superbowl I have seen in years. (No, I was not cheering for the Seahawks....or the Steelers.) I just wanted to see a good game. It seemed to lack the urgency, the excitement, the thrill of this being the big game. I was disappointed. I stopped working on my lecture materials to watch this game. The time could have been better spent. I will grant that the last 20 minutes (play clock time) were intriguing. The first half was totally useless. Twiddling my thumbs could have produced a better outcome for the first two quarters.
The commercials weren't that great either. My favorite was the Disney one, with the guys all practicing..."I'm going to Disney World." The diet Pepsi commercial was :oP. I liked the prehistoric FedEx commercial. Oh the thing that I loved the most...the Dr. Seuss's Oh The Places You'll Go intro for the game. That was really amazing. I think I may have to try to find it somewhere on the internet. I thought it was a novel idea.
Blech...not feeling well. I have a dentist appointment on Friday. I'm scared. I've never had a cavity before. This is the first one I am having filled. Ever. I'm a wimp.
Lots o'fun stuff this month (NOT the dentist): baptism for the twins, flogging molly concert???, and my cousin's bridal shower. I think this requires a trip to THE LOFT to buy some purty things.
Okay, must work on lecture stuff. TTFN.
No comments:
Post a Comment