Still Kickin'

Thanks to everyone who thought of me on my birthday. I really appreciate it.

I have made it through two whole weeks of class. In fact, I am quite proud of myself. But I did overstress myself quite a bit. Thus I have a bit of a sore throat now. But I can handle that. I am actually getting to the point where I am somewhat understanding what is going on in my classes. Comprehending what the profs are saying is extremely helpful.

It's also been great forming a new group of friends. Getting invited out to dinners and hang outs and game watching parties - has really helped me get over the being in a new place and missing everything that I know. Speaking of dinners and such - we went out to this sushi restaurant right by Ft. Jackson. The building isn't the most inviting place, but goodness the food was great. I have to remember to keep it in mind whenever I have company. I also went out to a totally southern restaurant chain called Lizards Thicket. Talk about fried everything. It was really yummy - not to mention cheap.

So I guess you could say I'm doing well - outside of my neuroticism about classes. Going to head out for a day of tailgating and football a bit later. SC vs. Georgia - you should watch it, 7:45 on ESPN. Maybe you'll see me on tv.

Only a couple of more days til I get a visitor = trying to get all of my work out of the way, plus lots of cleaning.

end transmission.

No comments:

Post a Comment