I owe Suzer a couple of recipes so those are just a little lower. I am surviving I suppose. I had a quiz in linear today- I messed up half of the one question quiz. Great way to start off the weekend. Guess it's karma for me not really studying. Smooth, Theresa. Real smooth. I've seriously been reconsidering my whole ph.d notion. The masters track is looking really nice. I thought I was ambitious, but I suppose not. Maybe I'm just a minimalist. A masters could really almost let me do anything. How many people do you know have a masters in math? I guess I shouldn't rush into making up my mind so soon. It's only been a week and half really.
Oh I went out with Amanda, a bunch of her friends, and Ben from the grad program last night. We all got together to watch the USC vs Mississippi State game. We won if anyone cares 15-0. It was a lot of fun- had lots of yummy sort of food. Played a game of in the dark hide and seek. It's fun making new friends.
For Suz and cooking fiends everywhere I present my chicken and mushrooms recipe, and bbq pulled pork. I shall also rate difficulty...although I tend to only make things that are easy.
Chicken and Mushrooms - Simple: makes about 4-6 servings
What you need:
1/4 cup of flour
1 tsp of salt
1/4 tsp of pepper
package of skinless chicken breasts (about 6 pieces...or you can get chicken tenderloins)
1/4 cup of butter/margarine
1/4 cup of lemon juice from concentrate
8 ounces of sliced fresh mushrooms (about 2 cups)
Hot cooked rice
What to do:
Combine flour, salt and pepper. Coat chicken in mixture. In large skillet, brown the chicken in butter/margarine on both sides until golden brown. Add lemon juice and mushrooms. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for about 20 minutes. Serve over rice. **I tend to add a little more lemon juice about half of the way through the simmering process, cause well I like the lemony taste.**
Barbeque Pulled Pork - A Marathon: makes a lot. I suggest you make it only if you have lots of people around, or else you will be eating it for longer than you thought possible. Here goes nothing...
What you need:
1 tbs extra virgin olive oil
2 medium yellow onions, diced
2 tbs chili pepper
1 tbs cumin
2 tsp paprika
1 tsp cayenne
12 ounces of beer (lager)
3/4 cup of ketchup
3/4 cup cider vinegar
1/2 cup whole grain mustard
2 tbs tomato paste
chipotle pepper and adobo
1 5lb bone-in Boston Butt pork
What to do:
1. Preheat oven to 300. Heat oil in Dutch oven over medium-low heat. Add onions and cook until the onions are light brown.
2. Increase heat to high; add chili powder, cumin, paprika, cayenne and cook, stirring until fragrant. *It won't take long, trust me..it'll hit you...* Add beer, ketchup, vinegar, mustard, tomato paste, a dash of chipotle pepper and adobo; bringing it to a boil. Reduce heat to medium low and simmer uncovered until slightly thickened (10 mins). Meanwhile, trim the fat from the pork.
3. Remove pan from heat and add pork. Spoon the sauce over it. Cover pan, and place it in the oven and bake for 1.5 hours. Turn pork over, cover w/sauce, and bake for another 1.5 hours. Uncover and back until fork turns easily in the meat, 1 to 2 more hours.
4. Transfer pork to large bowl and cover w/foil. Pour sauce in measuring cup and refridgerate until fat and sauce separate, 15 min. Skim off fat. Return sauce to heat in pan (medium high until hot, 4 min).
5. Remove bone and remaining fat from meat. Bone should easily slip away from meat. Pull pork apart into shreds with 2 forks. Add hot sauce to meat; stir to combine. Serve hot.
No comments:
Post a Comment