Study Break

Well, I'm going to take a little while to stop my studying, even though I know I really need to know this stuff. I figured I would write a little bit about my fall break and all that has ensued from that point on.

I spent most of the start of my fall break on an airplane- Yes cramped between people...or cramped in a tiny seat- even tiny by my standards. I guess the cool story I have from my plane flights is the trip from Dallas to El Paso. I guess the usual deal is that I end up being seated with some soldier or officer in the Army. I spend my time chatting with them for most of the flight. Not this time. El Paso was in an uproar, because the Rolling Stones were coming to play at the Sun Bowl on Friday evening. So this plane flight I actually got to sit next to a group of the sound engineers/roadies for the Rolling Stones. The poor things seemed really exhausted. But the guy I sat next to seemed to open up really quickly- talked about all the places they went to, and showed me pictures of the stage setup at different venues. Then proceeded to tell me he really didn't like the job at all, cause he was away from his son in Germany for like 5 months out of the year every year. It was an insightful trip.

The time with Andrew was really good- could have been better if his commander had been a bit nice and given him a bit of time off. But I have no control over that. I got a bit of work done while he was at work. We went out to a couple of nice restaurants, smoked some cigars (yes, they are growing on me quite quickly), went up high on the mountain, to the museum of science and the art museum. It was just so good. I love the rhythm we just fall into. Leaving on Sunday was...very difficult.

The past week brought me back to reality- huge tests, quizzes, and project that needed to be worked on. The test is tomorrow evening, quiz on Wednesday, project due Thursday. Not exactly pretty but I should be able to relax a bit after that.

Yesterday Andy left. It was not a good day. We spoke 3 times during the day. I have come to accept the fact that I haven't been able to be near him in the continental US. I've come to terms with that pain. But this...it hit me like a ton of bricks. Emotional hurt for me translates to physical pain and illness, cause that is just how I am. Last night was horrible- how quickly after that last phone call- I was immobile, unable to breathe, stand...function like a normal human being. I was violently ill. I've really only felt like that one other time in my life, and that time was/is just as difficult. No control over anything.

I hope that this can still be a place that I can outlet all of this without it seeming like "i'm that girl whose guy is over there". I think this helps a bit. Thanks to everyone who dropped me a line...or I talked too, it really really helps. I can't wait for this year to go flying by and Andrew is back here.

Hmm happy thoughts- my parents are coming this weekend, hurray!!! Only two weeks until the huge Sparacio family Turkey Day shin dig takes place- oh that will be..interesting.

Crud- I've spent to much time with my feelings and such. I need to attack this analysis stuff now. I will try very hard to post a bit more often so you all know I haven't fallen off the face of the earth.

End transmission.

No comments:

Post a Comment