I woke up yesterday morning to what must be the oddest thing I have had to deal with since I moved to Columbia. It seems a fairly large portion of the SC ladybug population has decided that my balcony/apartment would be a great place to start a colony. Yes, a colony. I really don't mind it if they are chilling out on my balcony, but when they just started walking in through the cracks in my door (the door doesn't sit flush against the doorjam) I hit the breaking point. I'm not going to house those critters when they aren't paying any part of my rent. :oP on the lady bugs. My first attempts at trying to capture them and throw them out the door did no good. They just keep tcoming through the little crack again. *Mind you, I had slated my morning for studying.* I then consult the father. What sort of bug spray? What sort of regiment to keep them out of my apartment? I then make a trip out to Publix (my favorite place to be) and pick up some all natural bug spray. I start spraying the crap out of them. I mean I know that the ladybug is a good bug. Not good though when I find them dead all over my apartment. Who knows what sort of diseases they may be carrying and such. But I suppose the good news is that I have decreased the population of ladybugs chillin' out in/out of my apartment. The only thing is I have exhausted my can of bug spray and need to make another trip to Publix to get more.
In other super big news, Rutgers...you know the state university of NJ. You know that football team, which I've watched games for god knows 8-10 years now, just beat Louisville (#3 ranked in the nation) in convincing underdog fashion. I guess they just needed me out of the state to do something big. Very very excited. They are 9-0. Bowl game here we go...maybe even BCS game.
I made yummy baked ziti and garlic bread for Wednesday night dinner. It was a hit. Hurray. That was a good feeling. I do have lots of leftovers though, so I'll be eating that for quite a while. But that is cool.
I am doing pretty well. I've gotten used to things now, so that is good. Still unhappy with the situation, but I'm okay with it. It is almost Thanksgiving, so time is moving (although this past two weeks have felt like an eternity). Just gotta keep plugging along.
Well I need to get my butt back to studying for my Linear exam on Monday. This is going to be nuts.
No comments:
Post a Comment