Wow, it has been quite a while. So much as gone on that I should share. I probably won't remember all of it anyways.
Two weekends ago, the now dubbed "crew" went out camping for Greg's birthday. Yes camping. I went out camping. I haven't been out camping since I was in Girl Scouts. Girl Scout camp was a disaster. Not that I did not have a good time, but it was the unfortunate time and place where I learned of my inability to stand the sight of my own blood. That's right - don't ever let me do any cooking when I am camping. I have the tendency to cut myself, see blood, and faint at the drop of blood. You will all be glad to know that no such happening occured this time around but I am still weary of the whole experience. Saturday afternoon into the evening was absolutely gorgeous (pictures are up on facebook). But at about 9:30 it decided to rain. And rain it did. So after spending about 4 hours in a sopping wet tent in near close freezing weather, I sucked up and asked Trey (who was so kinda as to offer me a spot to sleep in his tent) if I could sleep in his very dry truck. In about 3-4 hours time I had nearly dried myself up in his truck when low and behold Trey comes to join me. So of the group of about 8 us, I think we were the only two that woke up and were dry. But the rest of the time was quite enjoyable.
I had a linear algebra exam, which didn't go over so hot. But the professor said not to worry, everything should be okay. I've been doing a lot of grading for my calculus sections- exams and reports. I would be delighted if I never had to read a project report ever again. I only have one more big exam before finals kick in. Can you believe it, after Turkey-day I only have 2 weeks til the end of the semester and then finals. It has been moving along quite quickly.
In other news, Andrew is settled in Iraq with his platoon - which means I get to start writing letters to him. I've been really holding off on them because I know if I get started on one I might kill a good portion of a day writing it. I probably won't have lots of time to do it until I get the semester over with - but I am going to try anyways.
Tomorrow morning bright and early I should be hopping on my plane back home to Jersey for the big T-day. Huge family gathering will ensue, and I am quite certain that I will get no, I repeat, no work done for the next week.
Oh I promised Suzer Laurie's Baked Potato Soup recipe but Theresa's little twist.
Baked Potato Soup
3-4 medium sized idaho potatoes
1/3 cup of flour
1/2 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp salt
4 oz of light processed cheese (Velveeta Light is quite yummy)
1/2 cup of fat free sour cream
14 oz can of fat free chicken broth
Normally one would bake those potatoes, but I don't enjoy burning myself so much. So instead I peel the potatoes and cut them into 1/2 inch-3/4inch cubes. Throw that in a good sized pot and fill the rest with water. Just enough to cover the tops of the potatoes. Bring the water up to a boil. Check the potatoes to see if they are done by making sure that a fork pierces them without any effort. Strain out the water and put the potatoes off to the side in another bowl for a moment. In the same pot, add the flour and whisk in about half of the chicken broth. Once it is blended, add back in the potatoes, pepper, and salt. Cook over medium heat until it is thick and bubbly. Add the cheese; stirring while it melts. While you stir it is best to add the remaining chicken broth until the soup is as thick as you would like. Remove from heat and mix in the sour cream.
Yum Yum Yum. Just so you know that beginning part is exacting how I start making mashed potatoes. (always mashed by hand, none of the using a machine works with me).
I suppose I better go get a little bit of relaxing in before I go to bed early and then awake up super early. Catch ya on the flip side.
No comments:
Post a Comment