Fire!

I am sure that you all will be happy to know that I am still alive...literally. I am not being facetious. This evening there was a fire on the 7th floor of my apartment building. The blaring sounds of fire alarms in the central hallway on the 5th floor alerted me to the danger. Magically, I was transported to junior year at Dickinson. Infamous Adams Dormitory. Every other day- 3am, 9 am, 1:30 pm, 6:49 pm, you name the time...the alarm probably went off at some point. So I figured the alarm would turn itself off after one or two rings. Try again, Theresa. I did after about 30 seconds realize that this was the real deal. Thank goodness I am so used to walking up and down the stairwell- I was out of there pretty quick. The fire department didn't get to turning those extremely lifesavingly annoying alarms until about a half hour after the alarms initially started.

But I am still alive, breathing, and enjoying the finer points of life. I am sure you are happy for me. Check back in Sunday or Monday evening...after 24 has started back up again.

No comments:

Post a Comment