A Series of Fortunate Events...

Okay so maybe this wouldn't constitute a series, but this is a very fortunate event. Last week, I realize that my one course, Numerical Linear Algebra to be exact, did not have a specified text book. So I decided to do a little search on line of a good reference book, that would hopefully help me through the course, just in case. I realize I should have a bit more faith in my own ability, but I think it is a comfort issue. If I have some sort of reference book, even if I do not use it (case in point my 728 class, I didn't crack either of the two books open all semester) I feel like I can own the material. So I found what apparently is one of the best texts out there. Amazon to the rescue, and just a few days ago I received it in the mail. Today I got an email from the professor of the course. Mind you, the class begins on Tuesday. He has a textbook for us. I continue reading the message to see the book which I had just fortuitously purchased last week. Hurray for not having to buy some other crazy book. Even better for being able to read ahead before classes start.

Actually I think I will go do that before Jack is Back later this evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment