I am really the last person who would actively insert herself into a political conversation. But over the past couple of weeks I have found myself watching the news channels in the morning. They are filled with campaign news. The DNC just wrapped up their convention and the RNC will be kicking off next week. Needless to say I have been watching loads of speeches or probably more accurately, lots of sound bites from speeches. I was lucky enough to catch both Biden's VP acceptance last week and the recent Palin acceptance today. Note: I have not made a decision in either direction yet. But as I listened to both speeches, I noticed something... well besides the fact that Sen. Biden is a man and Gov. Palin is a woman. Biden spent most of his acceptance speech attacking the opposition. Palin spoke about the honor of being chosen and about what the VP position or any other public servant should have their sights set on. This second speech by the governor seemed so refreshing to me. No attacks - which is really all the fills the political arena at the moment.
I suppose it is now time for me to do some serious research on the candidates/partys' platforms in the upcoming weeks. Now if only the candidates would just talk about the intricate details of their plans and not "Wah-Wah" about how their opponent's plan is a bunch of dog poop. Oh well, somethings never change.
No comments:
Post a Comment