35 Weeks

Yes, we are in the home stretch!  I am ready to evict Rampage as early as possible.  Well, no, scratch that.  He can be evicted once I do a load or two of newborn clothes, get the bassinet ready, check/sterilize all the bottles and nipples (if breastfeeding doesn't go down so well), wrap up his birth plan, install the car seat base, and pack my hospital bag.

I definitely feel a bit easier this time around - probably because we have all of the stuff and know how to use it.  The only new things we got were a stroller, diaper bag, and an carrier.

Even more exciting, I walk in for my OB appointment to hear that the office just got a brand spanking new 3D Ultrasound machine.  After getting all my vitals done, the doctor comes in and says - do you want an ultrasound today?  I say sure, we haven't seen baby in while.  The doctor replied - you'll be the first baby that I get to do a 3D on - with a great big grin.  Happy doctors make for good appointments.  :o)

Here you see a face frontal - upper left is Rampage's eye, and the black spot in the center is his mouth all wide open.  He was just getting ready to stick his hand (yeah those are fingers to the right of black center) in his mouth.
I like this one even better!  Side view of his face and cute little nose.  Guess what - already sucking on his fingers.
We took a bunch of measurements as well.  To be honest, my biggest worry so far has been whether or not Rampage will have a low birth weight/size like JT did.  Well, he is measuring in between 35 and 36 weeks.  He is 50th percentile for head and femur.  Rampage is already weighing in at a whopping 5 lbs 9 oz.  Incredible!

So now I look forward to taking the next few weeks easy, with the exception of getting those things I mentioned at the top of the blog completed.  Plus, I am trying to get in all the sleep I can.  The pregnancy has been brutally hard on me with lack of sleep.  So I will continue to prioritize and only do the things that most desperately need to get done - you know like making dinner in the evenings.  Everything else can wait.

Hopefully it will continue this way until our scheduled eviction date - August 12, 2013.  8/12/13 seems a good birthday right?

No comments:

Post a Comment