Broccoli Concoction

So, last Wednesday evening I was planning on making some lemon pork chops and braised broccoli.  That morning I woke up, with an ugh, I don't want to make braised broccoli.  I really want something cheesey.  So, I came up with this little cheesey broccoli side dish.

Cheesey Broccoli

Ingredients
2 bunches of broccoli
4 oz Velveeta Cheese, cubed
1/4 tsp ground dry mustard
splash of milk
sprinkle of ground black pepper
Steps
1.  Preheat oven to 250 degrees (this will keep dish warm while I finished working on the pork chops).
2.  Cut the broccoli so that you just have the florets.
3.  Steam the florets (I love the Ziploc Zip and Steam bags - fill it up and put your broccoli in for 3 minutes in the microwave.  Perfect!)
4.  In a microwave safe bowl, place cheese, mustard, milk, and pepper.  Place in microwave for 30 second increments up to 3 minutes, stopping to stir and combine ingredients until smooth.
5.  Place steamed broccoli in a small casserole dish.  Pour the cheese mixture over top.  (I added some bread crumbs on top to give it a little crunch.)
6.  If the rest of dinner isn't ready, place in preheated oven to keep warm.
The Finished Product
My apologies in not taking a picture.  It turned out pretty yummy, plus it was quick and easy to make.  Next time, I would consider adding a bit of "heat" - either making an addition of chili powder, paprika, or red pepper flakes.  Pretty sure I can make almost any veggie side become cheesey now!

No comments:

Post a Comment