It was surprisingly a busy week. I felt like I had a bunch of balls juggling. Despite that, it was a good week.
A school committee meeting started out the week. I hope that I will finish out the final months doing the best work I can with this group. I only have six more meetings. I can not believe it. Sometimes I wish things would slow down and other times I wish it could move along faster.
I went out to lunch with a friend to a restaurant I had not been to before. Truth be told, it was in a store food court. But it was some of the yummiest red pork and wonton soup I have had in ages.
Thursday was spent trying to get together paperwork so we could figure out the best options for when we move to the Pentagon area. I thought I would be excited to look at all of the housing possibilities but it just seems overwhelming at the moment. The turn over of rentals and houses is amazing quick there. I do not seem to be able to keep up given the time difference. I also tried my hand at making breakfast for dinner. A concoction of eggs, ham and hash browns in a pie. Let us just say I have poor flipping skills. But it was enjoyed by all.
But I also got an expected email from the school that day. Andrew and I were invited to the primary assembly because someone was getting an award on Friday. It was a pleasant surprise to find that Thomas had earned an award for demonstrating the learner profile attributes of a Communicator. We also received the results of John’s MAP testing. This showed he is still working above the norm for his year level.
Saturday, I decided somewhat last minute to join the Suva Marathon Club for their monthly social run. This one had a theme for International Women’s Day. Many wore purple or pink. I got myself up very early to run the 10K. I have not run outside for months. It was bloody hot and humid even for 6:30 in the morning. But much to my surprise, I came in second for the women in that race. It was definitely a challenge but I was thankful to do it.
Later in the evening, we got the chance to just hang out with some friends and enjoy the slightly cooler evening Suva weather. We tried our hands at building a fire and making some s’mores. Hopefully we will get a few more fun times like this.

No comments:
Post a Comment