Just Read:
Done Manuscript
It makes me so happy. Hopefully by tomorrow, we will know the exact date.
I had soooo much fun this weekend. I visited Suzer and Cryssy and Hester on Saturday. Hester, Suzy, and I went to see the Lemony Snicket movie. It was very very good, considering I haven't read the books....yet. I'm not a super big fan of Jim Carrey, but for once his crazy, wacky weirdness fit seemlessly with the Count Olaf character. The kids were absolutely adorable. We got back and had to say good night to Hester. Poor thing had to work Saturday and Sunday. Boo, for working on the weekends. Then Suzer fulfilled her promise of taking me to the Flying Pig Saloon for a drink. It was horribly cold, but the Saloon was so nice and warm. It reminded me so much of Market Cross. I miss that place terribly. I think I've finally pinpointed my not being totally satisfied with life after school. It lies wholly in the fact that you can no longer rely on being surrounded by those whose company you enjoy the most. It is almost totally out of your control, going back home, finding jobs someplace new, or heading off to a new school. But anyways, we thoroughly enjoyed our beers and then braved the cold weather back to her house. Sunday morning, we breakfasted on some yummy bagels (chocolate chip, yum), and hot chocolate made by Suzer. Before my appointed time of departure, Cryssy, Suzy, and I played some thrilling games of Uno. It is not a code word for like drugs or anything crazy like that. Just the game of Uno- you know red, yellow, blue, and green cards, plus draw two's, reverses, skips, and WILD cards. Then I had to leave. It was all sad, but there will always be more trips. That is for sure.
By the way, it was UBER cold today. Whoever is in charge of the weather needs to do something about that.
Maybe I'll go do some preemptive packing for Disney world...or maybe just some chocolate chip cookies will do.
No comments:
Post a Comment