I'll be living it up in Florida with Mickey Mouse. But I still have 2 more weeks to go.
Saturday morning I took my Math subject GRE. Can we say, that is three hours of my life that I will never get back....EVER! Sixty-six questions, that okay...I had heard of or knew the definitions of the words, but I had no idea what to do. Or worse I had an idea of what do to, but I couldn't get past the first couple of steps. I managed to complete 21 questions, which in my mind, should all be correct. If I am lucky, 6 weeks from I should receive a stupid piece of green paper with a score of 500 on it. I was the only female taking the exam. Not to mention the only girl on the whole side of the room (they sat math and physics together). I took the exam with 3 gentlemen (or what i like to call three guys who haven't showered in about a week).
I'm really kinda down about it. I had been working on stuff for the past two weeks, I suppose it never really sank in at how difficult- no, wait, scratch that, how ill-prepared I was to take it. Dickinson was great, no doubt that if I had gone anywhere else I would not have been able to finish up the double math and physics, but if I had gone to a science/engineering school and just studied math, I would have kicked super booty on it. I guess now I'm just really worried. I hope this doesn't affect my getting in to a good program. I suppose, as long as I can get some super duper recommendations, I should be set. But the test really was a piece of crud.
After the exam, I napped, showered and went to the mall with Beck. Boy, that was totally the wrong idea. We had fun, but seriously, the mall stinks. Gotta try to avoid it at all costs now.
Yesterday, I spent doing laundry, writing cards, and making candilicious goody bags. Other than that I've got nothing. The lab is nuts, with people who haven't studied all semester, and I really have no desire to help them. But oh well, that is what I'm paid to do.
Back to work.
No comments:
Post a Comment