Happy Update

Yeah, I figure I have had enough time to mull over my Texas trip and give a good *ie, not bouncing off the wall, hyperactive* post about everything.

First-> Jersey pride…Everyone knocks on Jersey about the smell...Jersey: the Garbage State. I think very few people have had the opportunity to drive in El Paso alongside Mexico. I pride myself in having spent time in several states, and I admit that Jersey does have its own brand of air. But sheesh, driving on I 10...that smell really takes the cake. It really takes the cake. So I don’t think anyone should say anything about Jersey until they have smelt that air straddling the US-Mexico border. With that taken care of, I should get on to more interesting topics.

The flight Wednesday evening was a little crazy. The weather wasn’t very helpful. Boarded the plane in Newark, pushed off from the gate, to only sit for 45 minutes before getting clearance to get off the ground to fly to Dallas. Thank goodness I stayed on the same plane for the connection to El Paso. I probably would not have made my connecting flight then. The first 3 hours were uneventful. On the leg from Dallas to El Paso, I made a friend- a lieutenant whose unit just moved from Ft. Bliss to Ft. Hood. It made the hour flight go by really quickly. I got the low down on El Paso and all of that jazz. Look at that, I made friends with someone in under an hour…I am amazed.

Got into El Paso at 10:30 ish at night. Yeah, that would be 12:30 eastern time. I had gotten up at 5:45 that day to get ready for work. I was running on fumes. Andrew picked me up at the airport, and we got some Sonic that really did a number on both of our stomachs. By the time we decided to hit the sack, it was very much after midnight. Such a long day.

Unfortunately, Andrew had to get up for PT and go to work Thursday. So I had Thursday to myself- spent some time in the morning heat outside, had a little breakfast, watched some World Cup Soccer, made lunch, read a book, watched the financial channel *I blame my father for the urge to watch financial news at any point in the day*. That evening, we headed out to the colonel’s home on post for what turned out to be a nice barbeque get-together. I met a whole bunch of people, whom I can’t possibly remember at the moment. It was a lot of fun. We left thinking we would catch a showing of Cars. Before the movie, I got a guided tour. When Andrew says it sucks out there...yeah, it really does. The tour tired both of us out, so we nixed the movie and went back to his apartment. We enjoyed the rest of the evening in.

Friday morning, we hit up the El Paso Zoo. It was fun. I managed to avoid getting sunburned, which was very happy. It was interesting to see how the animals dealt with the heat. We then hit up Andrew’s favorite restaurant for lunch, which was yummy. Spent the afternoon inside- and got ready for a little shindig later that evening. The party was fun- met another bunch of people. *Thank goodness Andrew didn’t try to quiz me on who was who...I would have failed miserably.* After the party, we stopped for some pizza and chilled out for the rest of the night.

Saturday was a somewhat sad day. We realized the time was no longer a friend. We met up for lunch with Andrew’s friend Atkins and his wife. Good conversation, some laughs, good food. Made a little pit-stop at the mall...then hit up the super-market for some supplies. I decided a while back that I would make dinner Saturday evening. After gathering up what I needed, I set to work. I made some homemade sauce and fried up some meatballs. Dinner was some yummy macaroni with meatballs. I packed up the leftovers- so Andrew has some yummy food for when he comes back from the field this week.

Sunday was rough, rough leaving. My flight got delayed for an extra hour, which gave us a bit of extra time. It was just really hard leaving. The entire trip just seemed to fall into place. I think those couple of days were some of the most fun, enjoyable, relaxing days for both of us. Everything just felt right- that is me speaking…although I’m pretty sure Andrew feels the same way. I don’t think I could have wished for a better beginning of a relationship. Now, we see where it takes us.

In other news- only a little while longer here at work. It feels surreal. Just keep getting more and more excited about it. Oh, my tomato plants all have tomatoes growing on them. I feel like a proud parent. Grow little tomatoes grow!! I can’t wait til they are ripe, and I can make fresh sauce or something like that. Ooo lala. Other than that, I am enjoying the warm weather, and some early leave times from work.

Catch ya on the flip side.

No comments:

Post a Comment