I am not going to lie. I feel like crap today. Must be the higher power deciding to punish me for the enjoyable weekend I had.
Friday was an exciting day. I made a trip to IKEA, which is now officially my favorite place for random gadgets and furniture. To be honest, I do now know why all of a sudden I actually enjoy looking at furniture. It has always been a chore. I suppose the upcoming freedom that has inspired me so. But while I was perusing the merchandise, I found so many things I wanted. I restrained myself and only picked up a futon. It was fun trying to see how it would fit in Happy Car. But it managed to work itself out.
I met up with everyone(Beck, Rusty, Cris *hurray*, Josh, Scott, Steve, James, and a couple of people I really should remember their names...but alack I do not) to celebrate Rusty’s birthday. Lots of fun, laughs, dancing, and drinking.
Umm, Saturday. Yeah I don’t think I did a thing on Saturday. I watched some movies and did some cleaning. Oh, I did my first picking from my herb plants. I got a lot of huge basil and massive quantities of parsley. They smell absolutely delicious.
Sunday was absolutely wonderful. I called up Athena to go to the Seafood Festival in Belmar. The day was perfect- 70ish blue skies…little puffy clouds here and there. We enjoyed the weather, the food, and the beach. I remembered to put sunscreen on my face, which is awesome. Yeah. I returned home only to have my arms look like lobster claws. Hurray, for them being bright red.
I suppose part of my feeling horrible is due to the sun exposure. But Sunday was too amazing to not be outside. Second, probable culprit is having three to many zeppoles yesterday. I can not get enough of that fried dough. I just feel my arteries waving little white surrender flags. I can only imagine the number of years I have decreased my life by eating those scrumptious treats. Thirdly, my long Monday schedule switched. I now start an hour later. Yes, to anyone else that would be amazing, not I. The extra hour has thoroughly wiped me out. In other words, I am a cranky cranky me. At this point I couldn’t give a flying rat’s behind if you need math help today. I am sunburned, working 12 hours, and really just feel totally uninspired to do one damn thing this week.
I am holding out that the rest of today will fly by, just for the students’ sakes. I just feel like I am getting more and more aggravated by the moment and I am not quite sure how to slow it down. I think tomorrow night I will hit up the St. Matt’s Carnival eat more zeppoles and anything else fried I can get my hands on. If anyone wants to join, I would love the company.
Desperately wishing for a nap or some other pleasant distraction.
No comments:
Post a Comment