Eggshell Walls

Indeed, that would be the color of all of the walls inside of my apartment- Outside of the kitchen which has some super cool blue-ish gray striped wallpaper and the bathroom wwith yellow tiles. I intend on putting a couple of posters up soon. I keep putting it off actually. I was going to today...but I got so busy- me busy already???- that i just didn't feel like doing it.

Thanks Dana, Jen, and Jinx. Helped me out a lot. I'll admit it- it has taken me about a week to get over it- as well as several tissues and the inability to see out of my contacts, but I think I have things worked out. I tend to be a prefectionist...okay yes all the time. Lately, I have been holding myself to this expectation that when I get here *instantaneously* I will have my apartment all made up, I will know my way around the city, and I will be able to meet some super cool people. I was holding myself to an impossible timetable. Totally absurd. Today was a good day. I didn't really miss anyone. Okay-scratch that...I missed my mom cause she would have loved to go to the zoo with me, or a couple of my coworkers from Brookdale cause they would have loved the Garden portion. But it wasn't overwhelming sad. It was a good thing. By the way- I put some pictures up from my trek to the zoo on facebook if you care to see. The zoo was awesome. The garden will be a great place to go once it gets a bit cooler- may be a nice retreat when I need to not think about math, or maybe to think about math - get a little inspiration. I think what is also helping me is that fact that I am trying to give myself something to explore everyday- it may not take me all day - like the zoo, but at least it gives me the lay of the land. Like I walked to the post office and then took a drive out to find the nearby Kohl's. Yes, sue me. I am from Jersey and it's a little disconcerting not having 15 malls to choose from and only have to drive 15 minutes to get to them. I think tomorrow I may take a stab at the State Museum. There also seems to be a cool little theater group nearby my now new favorite grocery store that I may try to catch a show at sometime soon. I'm sure once classes start I'll find things to do on campus. But I feel better about everything here - - I guess that is pretty much the short of it. If anyone desires to suffer through the heat, you are more than welcome to come hang at my place. I do have a wonderfully personally assembled by moi futon.

Ugh I got totally waylayed here. Talking to my mom I've totally lost my train of thought. I'll write another entry later sometime.

No comments:

Post a Comment