Last Weekend of Freedom

Yes. It is my last weekend of freedom. Thursday is the start of classes. I always enjoy my first day of classes. Except this time I'm quite nervous. I guess this will show if I really know much of anything at all. At least I only have to prove myself in 3 classes. Just 3. What a relief!!

Classes:

Linear Algebra
Analysis 1
Difference Methods in Numerical Partial Differental Equations with Time-Dependence (say that title 10 times fast)

Oh yes, the long named class- that is the one I picked! The first two are part of the program. Have to take them. On top of these three classes- I have two Calc 2 sections. Reprieve is that I don't have to teach the class. I just have to do the recitation and their Maple lab. oh both sections are completely full. So that brings my student count to a grand total of 56. I don't mind the two sections. I even don't mind the 56 students. I used to know 100+ students a fall semester at Brookdale. It is the pure simple fact that I have Calc 2. The whole last portion of Calc 2 is the bane of my existence. I despise doing just straight sequences and series. I hate finding the error. I loath it. But I really don't have any say in my class assignment. At least my name wasn't so far alphabetically that I would have to teach a class. Then I might just shoot myself in the foot.

Anyways, I am going to try to enjoy my weekend. Meet up the with parents tomorrow. Pick up some extra calc books so I don't feel so bad about the ta-ing. Plus get out of the way of all the little freshies who are moving in this weekend. Want to avoid that at all costs.

Oh I made cookies last night. That was fun. I'm still trying to get used to my kitchen. I'm not used to the electric stove unit that I have. But I have yet to make any food that I needed to throw out and try again with. I guess that is a good sign. :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment