So I've tried to make nice nice with the people who work my apartment building. Just so happens, the maintenance guy is from Jersey. New Brunswick, no less. So that is really nice. He's taken to calling me "Jersey" and chatting whenever we meet in the lobby area.
It was officially my 5th day in the city of Columbia when I was approached to convert to my own family of religion (christianity)...at the ZOO. Yes, it occured while I was standing listening to the diving demonstration in the aquarium portion of the zoo. Maybe it was the fact I was alone. Possibly the fact I was wearing shorts (it's 90 degrees...don't give me a funny look when I wear shorts and you wear long pants). Maybe it was just the fact that I had my COCKS hat on - obviously I needed saving. A young girl maybe 13 years old- sticks a pamphet in my hand saying will you read this when you have time. I was kinda dumbfounded, not to mention trying to pay attention to the demonstration. What did the pamphlet say you ask... HELL: Suppose it's true after all? Ms. Robin Sheffield and the Good News Publishers wanted me to seriously consider if Hell really did exist. And if I have received Jesus Christ as my Savior. If I was more lucid I probably should have said I'm Christian don't try to sell me on my own religion. But probably worked out for the best, I would not have wanted to make a scene at the zoo. No, I like the zoo.
I was shopping at my new favorite grocery store: Publix, just in case you were wondering. I was picking up some yummies- chicken, steak, lamb, ground beef, celery, onions...normal stuff. Strolling through the frozen food isle, when I see a guy late 20s early 30s, who starts opening every door and pulling out lots of frozen dinners. Maybe I gave him a funny look. If I did, I don't remember it. After his quick throwing boxes into shopping cart action, he walks past me. Apparently, I need an explanation for this weird behavior. He informs, "My girlfriend is away for the week. What am I supposed to do?" Shrugs his shoulders. I say, "Aww poor thing. Good luck with that." Shoot him off a little smile. Saw him at the check out line and he smiled back and laughed.
Random, I know totally.
I'm going to say it here only once because I think I can handle it. I don't want to become a whiny crazy person, who just talks about missing certain people. Just think whenever you read my posts...this is in the back of my head. All the time. But I will only say it once. I miss Andrew.
No comments:
Post a Comment