October 29, 2008

1 year
12 months
52 weeks
365 days
8,760 hours
525,600 minutes

If I really wanted to be dramatic, I would multiply the 525,600 by 60 to find out how many seconds. Ehh, that would be overkill. Tomorrow marks one whole year of having to deal with time zone issues, scheduling phone calls, crazy emails, sending packages, having calls cut out, and more. I almost would like to celebrate it - make a nice fancy schmancy dinner, dress up, do something special- the exact opposite of my less-than-noteworthy graduate student life. I would like to celebrate it - but there is only one person who I want to celebrate it with (he is still "over there" :::as I point aimlessly:::). I suppose the upside is that in just over a month this will be over and done with. Mind you it will be an absolutely crazy month - but only 1 to have to deal with.

Just need to keep focused and productive. Keep the eye on the prize - finish this crazy semester without putting myself in panic mode, don't skimp out on my teaching (there isn't that much more to cover), and enjoy what will be a festive Thanksgiving/wedding weekend.

Side note: I plan on doing laundry tomorrow evening in case you were wondering. Very classy - can't you tell?

No comments:

Post a Comment