We are back from Lawton OK. It was a crazy trip. We checked in to Army Lodging at Fort Sill - only to find that the sheets on our bed were hairy. Super hairy. Ask for new sheets - they don't arrive for 45 minutes. Apparently, there is limited maid service - that is, only the maintenance guy is working on the weekends. We go out to dinner, and return to the room. We are there for 20 minutes when the power goes out. When I say the power goes out - it's out for all of Fort Sill. There is absolutely no working electricity. We get a little fed up and find an available room at a Ramada. We thought Ramada's were nice hotels. Not so much. This one was so sketchy - I really did fear for my life. There was one shining star in all of this - Henry, the guy at the front desk. Man, he was amazing - we checked in, and then 20 minutes later checked out. I can't imagine how he deals with it. He should really be working at a nice hotel - like the Hampton or Fairfield Inn. So we returned to Army Lodging. It was only after we have gone to Walmart to get a flashlight, that the power was back on - approximately 11:30 at night.
Monday was markedly better - we visited 2 apartment complexes, and was advised at the second to go see a newly built complex for some other layouts. We walked into the 3rd complex and looked at this great 2 bedroom/bathroom flat. We debated for about a half an hour and decided to just go for it. Everything is brand new - appliances, fixtures, carpet, wood floors, we even have a washer and dryer hook up. I'm excited to not have to walk outside to do laundry. Bigger plus, it's cool to have pets there, just a deposit and no monthly fee afterwards. We are stepping down a bit in square footage - but the new place has several really large closets - our current apartment doesn't have much of this type of space. I am confident we can make it work though. So, we should be in the new apartment on July 29th. I'll have to send out an email to update all this information for everyone.
With that, we got our flight moved up a day. So we got back to El Paso on Tuesday - just early enough to experience probably one of the largest rain storms of the year. That was fun outside of the water dripping through the window sills. Hurray for being able to move soon. This morning I got one of my two packages from circuit city. It is not my wii fit. It's the accessories I had to bundle with it. I'll probably get the fit tomorrow after we have left for our honeymoon. Maybe it'll come early in the morning like the accessories did. But who cares. We are going to London tomorrow. I can't wait!
Catch up with you later - oh yeah, the proofs are available online now from the wedding.
No comments:
Post a Comment