Day 51

This past week has been a blur.

Driving around in the new car has been fantastic.  It is a great vehicle.  I still don't have a name for it.  Could I just be that low on my creative juices to not be able to come up with a name?  Happy car was such a great name.  Is there some sort of cut-off for coming up with a car name?  I feel like if it goes another week or two and I do not get inspiration - then that's it...it's nameless.  But that would be horrible.  Oh well.

School has been alright.  I have felt really tired lately - so I have been going home early.  I think it comes down to the saying the same lesson 5 times in a row.  Mind-numbingly painful.  At least this week we are finally taking the state assessment.  But my students really do not care about it.  Would you care about an 80 question multiple choice test that has no bearing on your educational progress?  They don't see money coming into the school for meeting AYP as bearing on their educational development.  I'll be happy to get back to at least teaching 2 different lessons a day.

Thursday night I had another new teacher meeting.  That was 2 hours that I probably won't get back.  At least there are only 2 more of these meeting left in the semester.  The next one is not until April.  Hurray!

Went to my first FRG meeting.  Yep - been in the army nearly two years.  First official FRG event attended.  It was nice to get out of the house.  Also good to chat with some other wives about what is going on.

Spent about 4 hours on the road yesterday.  Now the new vehicle is totally complete.  Crossbars installed for our next move (now we can store things on top of the vehicle) and running boards.  Yes, I'm short - sometimes I need a little boost.

I managed to get all of my lessons and work ready for the week after spring break.  I intend on spending portions of this week working on my Teacher Work Sample.  Monday through Wednesday will be spent watching students take tests on computers.  I think I should be able to manage some sort of attempt at starting the darn thing, right?  I really have no desire to write another 25 page paper.  But I suppose it needs to be done.  Aren't 10 classroom evaluations throughout the year enough?  Now I am starting to get angry about it.  My apologies.

Andrew is coming home in 2 weeks!!!!  Goals:  Clean house (I'd rather do that than write this paper), Get tags for the new car, Write a huge chunk of this paper, get some exercise in (i hope it gets a bit warmer outside), maybe get in some knitting, finish reading book 4 of Dark Tower, oh and update more.

No comments:

Post a Comment