Day 52

Only 8 more days and we will hit the 2 month mark for this deployment.  How quick did that move.  I am glad February is over.  The month was totally useless.

Today was day one of state assessment testing.  I think if you had asked me to watch paint dry or proctor state assessments - I would have a seriously difficult decision on my hands.  I guess the upside is that I am not really teaching anything for a couple of days.  But the days are wasted - I am trying to get myself going on this Teacher Work Sample but it is jerky.  Jerky as in start and stop, not jerky like an a hole is jerky.  I can type a little bit.  But then I have to get up to check students, at which point I have forgotten what the heck I was typing about.

As for reading news - I am about halfway through Dark Tower 4.  I am in the midst of when Roland tells his backstory.  I was much more intrigued as they passed through Topeka.  King does a pretty good job of describing Gage Park, the zoo, rose garden, and the train.  It was part of the story that I could really visualize.  See - being sent to Kansas hasn't been all that bad.  At least I can say I have been somewhere that Stephen King wrote about.

I think I will make this the end of the post.  I want to catch 24, take out Silvio, and then go to bed.  I am keeping my fingers crossed that for the first time in a while I will actually go to bed when I say I am going to bed.  Anyone want to take any bets?

No comments:

Post a Comment