We have hit the 2 month mark. How wacky is that? I can not believe it has gone by so quickly. Well maybe I can. Teaching really makes the time fly by.
Speaking of teaching - we are pretty much at the end of the 3rd quarter. Grade reports will go out - and most likely, they will ruin some of my students' spring break. I don't really mind though (is that a heartless thing to say?). This week is going to the dogs though. They smell break and do not want to do anything. I keep reminding them of their quiz right before break, though. We'll see how that turns out.
Also on the teaching front, rumors fly. The high school is going to take the brunt of the cuts. Why? Because the budget committee is filled with a bunch of elementary school teachers. Not that I do not see their job as important but why not make the cuts across all the schools? Even more rumors - two of the four first round cuts will be math teachers. Funny, the math department has not grown in size over the past 6-9 years. Cheers to bigger class sizes, no overloads, and less math teachers. Oh well.
More teaching, I finished the 25 page teacher work sample paper for my alternate route certification. It is not due until April 26th. I guess I am an over achiever but I did not want to worry about it while Andy was home. It took me nearly 15 hours to complete all the writing. I still feel it is totally useless. But by summer's end I should have an honest to goodness real license. Job - who knows...
I am just about 3/4 of the way done with book 4 of the Dark Tower. Stupid paper took up most of my weekend - thus less reading. I also took up knitting again. Going to try to make another blanket. I made up my own pattern of swatches that I will sew together at the end. I watched a whole bunch of movies - Julie and Julia (I really liked it), The Mummy - Tomb of the Dragon Emporer (silly flick but entertaining), I Love You Man (awww Paul Rudd), and something else I am sure. I have added more of the oscar nominated films to the netflix queue so I am excited about that.
Only 2-3 more days and I get some Andy time. Only 2 more days of school. Goodness I could use this break!
No comments:
Post a Comment