Day 148

I'm not sure if this is considered momentous or what.  But I suppose it should be documented.

I sliced my finger this morning with a serrated knife.  Okay, that sounds a heck of a lot worse than what happened.  I was preparing to cut some more slices of bread from the loaf I baked yesterday.  *Probably a good thing I had managed to cut two slices just before the incident and managed to eat breakfast.  I most certainly would have been forgoing breakfast if this happened first.*  I can barely even explain how my finger got there, but all of a sudden...knife to bread and then... knife to left middle finger.  Being I have the lowest threshold for pain imaginable stopped myself going - "WTF my finger hurts!!!"  Then I saw blood.  I knew I only had mere seconds before - for no reason at all - I would be fainting on the floor.  Since I am a 5 year old when it comes to cuts, scrapes, and bruises - finger went straight in mouth as a ran to the bathroom and turn on the faucet.  Why I ran to the bathroom sink when there is a perfectly usable kitchen sink not 2 ft from me - I have no idea.  I think I screamed like a little baby for about 2 minutes and tried to keep myself from hyperventilating.  Fortunately for me I spent part of yesterday putting all of the band-aids and neosporin away in the closet.  My finger stopped it's bleeding just long enough for me to fumble one-handed through everything.  Bandage complete.  Laid down on the floor for 10 minutes while Silvio just licked my right hand.

I spent the rest of the day cleaning the house.  After that - I got cleaned up.

I inspected the cut this afternoon.  Thankfully for my killer instincts I just ended up with what looks like a mother of a paper cut.  Nice and deep.  Not deep enough to warrant a call for help.  Since I got the neosporin on there real fast it even looked as those it was starting to heal up nicely.

Now I am slightly embarrassed.  I do not even want to come close to that bread knife.  Nor do I want to cut a slice of bread - no matter how much I want it and how tasty it is.  I guess I won't be baking for a while - until I become comfortable with the bread knife again.

No comments:

Post a Comment