We can officially turn the page on 5 months of this deployment. I am surprised that it is here.
**Interlude: While starting to write this, I was interrupted by the doorbell. There is another church that is looking for members. This is probably about the 5th or 6th time since we have moved here since this has happened. Mind you - they are all different churches. As much as I would love to be a member of so many wonderful organizations, I am a card carrying Roman Catholic. Yes, what some would say is one of the more structured belief systems out there. But that's okay, I like structure. Anyway, I just never really remember this happening so much back home. Maybe it is a mid west sort of thing?**
Back to our regular programming. This means that we are 30 days away from the half way point (supposing things do not change). I am not sure if this deployment feels easier or faster compared to the previous one. I am just happy 5 months are done.
I also managed to complete all of the assignments for my last online course. It feels satisfying. To be honest - I think I have hit the end of the road with schooling. I am done. I have no desire to take courses for credit, get any more degrees, nada. Not that I do not enjoy learning. I just am done with the pressure of having to perform. Now if I found some fun cooking classes, or maybe some piano lessons (that would require having a piano to practice on first, doh) I would be all for it.
Other than that - just spending loads of time watching the news (depressing), cleaning (or getting me dirty), or reorganizing (throwing old crud out and buying fun plastic tubs to put the rest of the stuff in).
No comments:
Post a Comment