Day 144

Book update:

Textbook for special ed online class is finished.  No more reading that for me.
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo - enjoyable quick read...I think there are 2 other books by Larsson that go with it.

Homework Myth by Alfie Kohn - just started reading it.  If only I could get away with not giving homework - do you think that is even possible?

Summer Reads:
My Life in France by Julia Childs - I wanted to read it before I attack the cookbooks.
Julie & Julia - confession, yes I watched the movie - but I'd like to read it too after Childs' book but before cookbooks
What Einstein Told His Cook - science and food - the kitchen revealed, I just couldn't resist.
Beer & Philosophy - okay this is more for Andy but I have a feeling I might speed through it before I send it to him

Book on the horizon:
On Food and Cooking: The Science and Lore of the Kitchen by Harold McGee - this is the original science/chemistry/food investigation type book - I'd call is summer reading but I do not feel like lugging a 700 page book around (plus I think I have to order it online)
How To Cook Everything by Bittman - yes I think this is last major cookbook I want to add to my collection - for now.

Off to not stare at the computer.  I could probably do that all day if I really wanted too.

No comments:

Post a Comment