Prepping for Rampage

With the hubbub of moving coming to an end, I have the chance to start preparing for the  onslaught that is Rampage, baby 2.0.

On the stuff side of preparedness, the major relief is that Rampage is still indeed a boy.  There is no need to run around buying a whole new baby wardrobe for little miss thang. Being able to pull out all of JT's old clothes has been a comfort after all the traveling and spending money to reset our home.  We also have all the bottles and my pump - they just need to go through some sterilizing.  We tons of burp clothes thanks to JT's consistent spit up for the first 9 - 12 months of life.  We have the bassinet and the pack-n-play.  I hope to transition JT to a big boy bed when Rampage does the move from bassinet to a crib.  We have the infant car seat and 2 bases - it doesn't matter which vehicle we are driving.

But there are/were three big things I really felt I would like for Rampage.  The first was a new (re: larger) diaper bag.  JT is to the point where we do not have to change him every five seconds but we still need to have some back up diapers to carry around.  But the kid loves his food - so I need something to carry around num-nums and his sippy - not to mention his cars and blanket.  But I know I will need something will accommodate his needs plus Rampage - his set of diapers, burp clothes, extra clothes, and any bottles.  I just recently scored a sale pattern of the Make a Change Baby Bag along with a $20 off coupon.  I am impressed with it's size and feel confident that it will meet our needs - well maybe not Hubby's needs for it to look more manly (I did get a blue pattern!).

Second on my list is a double stroller.  I love my BOB single stroller.  JT is not big enough to be out walking on his own (have a little stroller tag along strap for when he hits that point) while I walk.  Oh, and I want to walk.  It is too beautiful here to not take a walk everyday.  That is the plan - Rampage arrives and we go out for a family walk every day.  So I have been looking into getting a BOB duallie stroller with a car seat attachment.  I felt bad missing the boat for the REI garage sale - just a few minutes to late to score a refurbished one for really cheap.  I then noticed that Amazon is running a sale on the Revolution SE Duallie - at near 25% off, plus Prime membership means no shipping fees.  So I snagged one up along with the car seat adapter and the handlebar console (I love putting my water bottle, keys, and phone somewhere accessible) all for less than the regular price of the Duallie. I think that deserves a pat on the back.

The final thing on my list is a new carrier.  I really like the ERGO Baby carrier.  I have a Moby which is good for around the house but I hate having to tie and retie the thing when we are out and about.  I want to snap and go with Rampage.  I have not found any at a reduced price yet but I am still looking.  I do know that I want to get it in the next few weeks so that I am prepared for Rampage.

Outside of the "stuff",  I can not tell if I am mentally prepared for Rampage.  Thankfully, I have no commitments (volunteer/otherwise) to really worry about.  Just need to find a balance of keeping Rampage, JT, Hubby, and Myself happy - on what will probably be very little sleep.  Good thing I don't get much of that now, right?  I think I am prepared for the hospital part - it can't be any worse than what happened for JT's arrival - although JT's arrival always seems to blindside me at the most inopportune time.  But for now at least, I am healthy and Rampage is healthy (and kicking like a maniac).  So I can't ask for much more than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment