Jan 20/21

It was an interesting day yesterday. Since we live in the future here in Fiji, I never really know which day to name when considering worldwide events. 

Back stateside, it was a big day, Inauguration Day. There seemed to be a lot of tension and unease that from news sources and social media that the whole event might be tampered with or not occur at all. Maybe one of the benefits of living abroad is that I did not feel this tension, surprise, or relief that the whole day went smoothly. Maybe I have more faith in the government and societal structures. This statement is a bit of a dichotomy because I have learned in this military life the one thing I do count on is that if a task is thrown to a higher up gov structure there will inevitably be roadblocks, missteps, and probably a lot of cursing on my end.

Here in Fiji, the Ambassador left. He was probably the last political appointee from the previous administration to leave their post. So, now we will wait to see if President Biden will send a new political appointee our way or a seasoned member of the Foreign Service. 

Thus, it was an interesting day and filled with wonderful memes.

No comments:

Post a Comment