Start of Another School Year

Today marks the start of something new. The boys are beginning their first day of school as members of Year 4 and Year 2. To be honest, I do not believe they are nearly as excited as I am at this prospect. I even made them chocolate chocolate chip muffins for breakfast this morning!

I asked them a few days ago if they wanted me to join them this morning or not. If not, they would need to be confident to find their names on the class rolls and navigate their way to a new classroom. John thought about it and tentatively said no. Thomas on the other hand had a big yes to the "mommy coming to school" option. So, we all loaded up, and I frantically took a picture before we headed on our way:

I know we are quite lucky to have the opportunity to go off to school. It means that I now get a slice of sanity back (when I am not dealing with house maintenance issues). I am looking forward to attacking my to-do lists so that I can enjoy their time home from school.

The boys managed to find their names on the lists and we headed off to their classrooms. Once outside, I gave them each a hug and they said they could take it from there. Big kids showing off for their friends. I did catch this one final wave...



No comments:

Post a Comment