Three months ago yesterday, I decided to make a change. My body was not moving the way that I like. That is it hurt to walk up and down, bend over, and run. Since coming to Fiji, I have added about 20 pounds of weight to my body. That is saying a lot. I needed something to change.
I decided on Oct. 4, 2020 to do something about this. I felt like I needed some accountability too, so I signed up for Noom. This platform has provided me with a lot of psychological research and better nutritional information to help me. Looking at the food I was eating, how much of it I was eating, my emotions, and exercise, I have made some headway.
As of yesterday, I am down 10 pounds. My clothes (which I've had to buy larger sizes of recently) are fitting more loosely. I am eating smarter - more healthy for me. I do not avoid bananas, or apples, or veggies at meals. I am careful to eat mindfully - eating my food slowly and with purpose. I've cut out most sugary drinks, limit my alcohol, and think long and hard before having a snack. I try to avoid having my phone around at meals. The emails, phone calls, and text messages can wait. I have been running a lot more. It used to feel hard to run 3 or 4 times a week. Now, I run 6 times a week with little knee pain. I do a small body weight circuit. I also throw in a few minutes of rowing every few days. Lastly, I do a little breathing and meditation exercises.
I am finding that I am having a slightly sunnier disposition. I am sleeping a little bit better. I am trying to be less worried about life in general. I am a perpetual worrier so this has been my biggest obstacle.
I believe I can accomplish the things that I want to. I have a lot of little to-dos that I would like to square away before we leave Fiji. I think it is possible. I need to be conscious and mindful of giving adequate time and presence to each task but they are doable.
Noom asked me today to come up with a version of the Serenity Prayer. In case you do not know, it goes like this:
Here is what I came up with:
I will make this my mantra for the year.


I love your mantra and the serenity prayer.
ReplyDeleteThank you! I keep it in the back of my head now as things get crazy.
Delete