Oops! I was hoping to write a little recap every week. Alas, I could not even keep to that commitment at twenty days into the new year.
I won't let that stop me! It was a busy week. The boys still had off from school and so a majority of my time was spent entertaining them. There were many requests for playing Minecraft or the Wii. I admit, I gave in quite frequently. I know in just another short week the two of them will be off at school. They did have a play date with some friends. That also meant I got to have a little adult conversation time while they hung out.
The entertainment factor was more difficult than usual because our pool is out of commission. It is leaking about 5 cm or so a day. We finally got a pool company out to drain the entire thing and determine where the leak was coming from. It turned out that there were three problem areas, the hydrostatic valve at the bottom of the pool was broken, the ladder was scraping a hole in the side of the concrete, and the filter gaskets were shot. They are now all fixed. We will be testing the pool later this week to ensure it was just those three spots. Maybe we will be able to get one final swim in before the school year begins.
Andrew and I had a couple of busy evenings. We said farewell to some fellow defense attache community members, held an event at our home, and then invited a few friends over to watch Bollywood (as they are heading to India for their next post).
I also got my gears going with the school board for this year. I started off with a Governance committee meeting. It was good to see my fellow committee members. Although I enjoy it, I feel this volunteer work has been particularly draining. I know I made a commitment but I am definitely ready to pass the torch over.
Oh one final tidbit - I was bit by a dog last Friday. It was a friend's dog, not a Fiji street dog. So, it made the experience surreal. Also, I definitely fainted once I looked at the wound for too long. I was so close to getting it cleaned and covered up but it just was not in the cards. I have a few extra bruises besides the bite wound. I decided to take the last few days off from running because it got me right on the outside thigh muscle above the knee. I can't wait to get back to running. I miss my exercise high that sets me up for the day.
No comments:
Post a Comment