Well- that's it. Today was my last day of summer school Algebra 1. I showed October Sky as a treat and let them out early. What an experience! It almost makes me rethink this whole job thing. I don't know if I am fit enough to take on being responsible for successfully preparing young people for that which we call life. But maybe all teachers initally feel that way. sigh.
The interview at Brookdale....was alright. The people seemed really nice. We'll see in a few more days. I'm not getting my hopes up. Just wait and see...and not be surprised when I still by next wednesday don't have a job.
Other than that...my life is totally utterly unexciting. Outside of this dream I had. Yes, I actually had a dream. It's been forever since I actually remember dreaming...and for that matter remembering the dream. So- what follows is my weird dream. Maybe someone can interpret it for me.
So, I was out, at a dinner show with two other people. One was Cryssy (no, I don't know how you got into my dream...but there you are), and the other person I never saw. Apparently the dinner show is about 3 princesses' mothers have a fight with this evil witch character. And fancy that, we three get picked. We are all suited up in 3 oversized brightly colored dresses. I only remember mine was big blue and poofy. So we all get ready for the show. And at the start of the show...I'm chosen to go first against the evil witch. Go figure, I'm the first to "die". There was an explosion of pink smoke, and I'm hurtled over the audience and thrown through the huge doors at the other end of the room. I land softly in the lobby area which looked like a lobby of a huge corporation with lots of windows and light. There were lots of people in the lobby, and for some reason there was a concession stand serving food out there. I knew for some reason i needed to take an elevator to some floor to get to the backstage area again...but i couldn't remember the floor. 2 other women joing me on the elevator. it was an odd elevator....slanted, made of glass...and almost those sort of old fashioned elevator cages. I try the 3rd floor. The women were heading to the 9th. I distinctively remember stating "I hate these elevators." I get off at the 3rd floor realizing I wanted the 2nd floor. I land on a huge conference table, which wobbles so much that I slide off the side. The dream ends with a secretarial type lady saying to me, "Aren't there restrooms for the dinner show on the first floor?"
So ends my weird crazy dream. There I will leave you as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment