This Time Around....

Well, I've knocked 2 weeks down working at the summer school. Only two long full weeks left to go. I keep losing kids in the class, though. I now have about 21 left in the class. What has been even better, due to the fact that it was a holiday-ish sort of week, some kids were out...so I only had 18 kids for much of the week. It was great. Plus it's good to see that a good majority of the kids are doing very very well.

So you ask how did the rest of the week go? Well July 4th, was great to see everyone. Becks, Cris, Scott, Steve, Mike Yip, Rusty, Tom, James, and Mike. The fireworks were so much fun. To able to sit out just as dusk became dark in the park where I usually run, look up in the sky and see spectacular glittering lights. As well, as feeling the cracking booms...enough so that you feel it throughout your body.

I went and saw King Arthur. Not great movie. The last half hour was a battle scene. Not wonderful after watching LotR battle scenes. Plus, I didn't particularly like the interpretation of the Arthurian legend. ah oh well.

But to treat myself for working so hard: I went to my first Hanson concert after ...nearly 8 years of being a fan. Wahoo!!! Met up with my fellow Inferno alto, Sarah. Becks was kind enough to drive. We had a little trouble getting off at the right exit, but Becks and I didn't panic and navigated our way through Philly to get to the Electric Factory. The place wasn't nearly as packed as when Suzer and I saw Soco there, but the atmosphere was still amazing. We sat up in the 21 and over portion of the upper area, since we both are super short. But we had the greatest view ever. The first band Ingrim Hill (I don't know if I spelled that right) was pretty good. They had this crazy guy with a cowboy hat just bouncing all over the stage. Their sound was good, music good. Maybe I'll think about looking for their cd. The second band, that almost everyone else there was raving about...Ben Jelen. Not good. He tried to do piano rock...but maybe I just have high standards with my Soco and Ben Folds. Then he tried to play the electric violin during a song or two...doesn't work...you know who it does work for...Yellowcard. Not as good as Yellowcard...sounded more like the national anthem then anything else the way he played. :oP The only good song they played was Let It Be by the Beatles. Becks and I wondered how many people in the crowd realized the Beatles wrote the song. But the drummer was friggin' amazing during their rendition of it. Off the hook. oops, but my advice to the drummer is...drop this crappy songwriter ben jelen and start your own band cause you can do it with your drumming skills. Ahhh Hanson, just awesome. I have no words. The energy was out of this world. It was a plugged in show. It was just as I had imagined it would be. Felt like I was back in freshman year of high school listening to them for the first time. OH, each of the guys did a individual song by themselves...and Isaac, the older one for those of you who don't know, played my favoritest Bill Wither's song ever...Ain't No Sunshine. :::melting::: They played MMMBop, I have a new found love for it again...not that I didn't love it before. Becks and I bought some shirts...cause I can't go to a show for a band I love and not pick up a shirt. Then we travelled home. It was the greatest 10 hours I can remember in a long time...well since I've been away from Dickinson.

Well it's sunday...and that means I must slowly start to get ready for the upcoming week. That doesn't make me very happy but, i'll be getting paid soon, and that is a good thought.

Love you all muchly.
Resa

No comments:

Post a Comment