One Week Down...3 to go

Well, I've done it. Completed the first week of summer school without me seriously injuring any of the students for their lack of enthusiasm or ability. Maybe I should consider that a success? It isn't so bad, now that the class is getting into the routine of how the class is run. They are now becoming more comfortable with even just answering questions. It has been good so far. Oh my class is now down to 25, one of the kids I had was really registered for a different class. So, I got that all taken care of. Every day after class I feel sooo exhausted. I nearly take a nap everyday. But it's good because I feel challenged enough trying to attempt to explain ideas to these kids.

What else have I done this week? It was my mom birthday. So we had some people over to the house. I inadvertantly learned that I was chosen (asked after the fact) to be a "hostess"/"progam hander-outer" for our friend Pam's wedding. Yes, even in all the hub-ub of how crazy I think her mother is, I said yes. Weddings are fun. And besides, I'll get to see Michael in black tie clothing. So it'll be great. Ummm, this is the second time I've gone to a movie by myself. Went to see Spiderman 2.

***Scary Tale*** I find a nice row all to myself. I'm not exactly sitting in the middle...but close to it. The row wasn't long. But 3 minutes before the movie starts, this older man with about 4 kids comes in and sits next to me. Now, one kid (about age 15) says he doesn't want to sit on the end of the row. So he proceeds to sit in the seat next to me. Then he asks me what grade I'm in. I try not to snicker so badly, but I tell him I've graduated from college. Now, I've dashed the poor kid's hopes. He says I look really young. If that isn't enough to deter him, he continues to talk to me. Asks me was my major is, do I have a job. He says he hates algebra, I tell him I teach algebra in summer school. It can't get any worse. Well by now the movie should have started 15 minutes ago. No previews...nothing. oi, still stuck talking to this kid...and then this other boy about a seat away from me on the other side starts joining in as well. Oh the humanity. I just wanted to watch the movie. :::Sigh::: Finally, the movie starts and I can rest in peace.

Oh, I learned about the new harry potter book as well. It's called Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince. Sounds exciting. Supposedly, the HBP has nothing to do with either Harry or Voldemort. So it has me thinking. I might read Chamber of Secrets over again to see if their are any clues. Rowling said that she wrote most of the ideas found in book six while writing book two. So that is my thought. I also bought this book called Eragon. It is part of a trilogy written by, get this, a 16 year old in Montana. I'm about half way through the book. It is very well written, considering his age. It is Lord of the Rings-esque. I'm fairly certain the kid draws his inspiration for the book from LotR, but it's amazing how different it is. He has created his own fictional world with an immense history. I suggest if you are able to go pick it up if you are able. Big plus it has dragons in it. yippee!!

I felt like stealing Beck's survey:
last cigarette: never
last good cry: I can't remember when that was
last library book checked out: I haven't checked any out for a long time
last movie seen: Spiderman 2
last book read: The Music of Primes. I made through half of The Elegant Universe (string theory) and stopped when I picked up Eragon which I am reading now
last cuss word uttered: it was probably the f-word
last beverage drank: tea
last food consumed: everything bagel with cream cheese
last phone call: beck
last tv show watched: i haven't watched any shows recently
last time showered: this morning
last shoes worn: flip flops
last CD bought: switchfoot
last item bought: Pirates of the Caribbean DVD, yey Johnny Depp
last annoyance: stupid bees outside
last disappointment: kids in my class just not applying themselves
last soda drank: wegmans' cola

current clothes: underwear, pants and a tank top
current mood: enjoying the weekend
current music: nothing
current taste: none
current hair: braidedcurrent annoyance: the fact i'm not asleep
current smell: nothing
current thing i should be doing: nothing
current desktop picture: Something Corporate
current refreshment: nothing
current worry: finding a job
current plans for the day: go out and see the fireworks

No comments:

Post a Comment