Day 190

Now, I am not the first one to run around and flaunt my Roman Catholicism.  But I went to Mass today.  It felt good and added bonus I thought the Gospel reading was really a message for me.  Even better the Gospel was only 5 verses long.  So what touched me?  Well, here is the reading -

Now as they went on their way, he entered a village; and a woman named Martha received him into her house.  And she had a sister called Mary, who sat at the Lord's feet and listened to his teaching. But Martha was distracted with much serving; and she went to him and said, "Lord, do you not care that my sister has left me to serve alone? Tell her then to help me." But the Lord answered her, "Martha, Martha, you are anxious and troubled about many things; one thing is needful. Mary has chosen the good portion, which shall not be taken away from her."

Besides that fact then when I heard it, the priest said "Martha, Martha" as if he was saying Marsha Marsha Marsha from the Brady Bunch, i feel that I am anxious and troubled.  I am constantly running around to make sure things are ready to go.  Even more so during this deployment.  I feel that the running of the household is creating a wave of insanity in me.  I need to make time to just rest.  Relax.   Maybe is Jesus was more hip he would say Chill-ax Martha.  Don't worry so much.

So what am I going to do about it.  Well, knowing me - I will constantly have vexations about anything and everything.  But I need to make sure that I make some time each day to just chill out.  Lately this has been occurring in the evening while I play Lego Harry Potter (trust me my summer days have been filled with lots of cleaning, reorganizing and then reorganizing some more).  I just need to carry this attitude through the school year.  Just stop doing work in the evening and Chill Out!

HAHA  see how long that lasts.

No comments:

Post a Comment