How Not to prepare a new course for the upcoming school year.
For some reason I can not peel myself away from my personal computer to work on my school computer. In all honesty, I have a month to start prepping for a totally new course that I will be teaching next year. Thank goodness, I have all my geometry work from last year. I just need to edit it, because these students might actually do the work out of their textbooks this year. If they actually do homework, I might actually have things to discuss with them rather than blank stares for a majority of the day.
Anyway back to the task at hand. It is just about 5 weeks from my birthday - too bad it does not actually fall on Labor Day then it would seem like a holiday. Not far down the road is Christmas, yikes. There do happen to be some items that I would love to have - in no particular order:
- A new kitchen faucet. When Andy is home he does most of the washing but I do help now and again. The faucet the builder's installed is totally useless. It is only 3 inches above the sink - so no tall pots and pans fit. Plus the reach is less than 5 inches. So I can only reach a portion of whatever needs to be clean. Would totally love a faucet like this Gerber one. It has a higher clearance- hurray for the sauce pot fitting in the sink and a detachable hose so I can get those hard to reach places. Only major issue - I have no idea how to install one. But it would totally make my day.
- A different camera case. Don't get me wrong I love my Lowepro. Simple fact is - with only one strap, I tend to get some massive shoulder/back issues when I carry it all day - like I did in Disney. My solution - a Lowepro beltpack. Okay, so it looks a lot like a fanny pack. Sue me. It won't weigh down my shoulders and back. Plus I like to think my hips can handle that sort of weight so it would be a win win situation.
- My neighbors to grow a lawn. It just isn't pretty to look at.
- EDIT (I totally forgot this): A large 9 or 13 qt Le Creuset pot. I would love to try making sauce in it. I'll leave it at that right now. If someone wanted to replace my entire cooking set with Le Creuset cook and bake ware, I would be in heaven. Any takers???
- For the hubby to come home, that would be an awesome birthday present. Not going to happen though.
- An Ipad - with the new OS4 loaded on it. Why? So I am not playing my fun games on my Iphone and using up all of it's juice. Two, I love books - but we literally have no more bookshelf space. It isn't my fault that one whole shelf is filled with 3 copies of Harry Potter (hardback, softcover, and UK version). The others are filled with childhood and my other favorite books. No space for those great beach-y reads. Plus, I then have to sell them back due to the lack of space - even if i would think about keeping them. I think a great idea would be to have another library of books on the ipad for vacations and such. Plus, ebooks are cheaper than buying hardcover new books. Lastly, I would like a little portability. I hate being chained into the office to be online.
- Both a 5 inch and 7 inch Santoku Knife. I think this would be great for our knife collection - there are really only 3 knives that I use on a consistent basis. The rest are dead to me. Plus, we don't really have a cutlery set. We just have a bunch of mixed up knives.
There you have it. I successfully managed to stay away from my school computer for a good hour.
No comments:
Post a Comment