I headed back to NJ for a very old family friends' wedding. The day was absolutely gorgeous. Given the fact that it is hot everywhere this year, the bride and groom lucked out and got a day with very little humidity and no blistering sun. The colors were great. I never would have thought of black and yellow. But it was perfect. The ceremony was sweet. It reminded me of my wedding. It was not so long ago. I missed Andy even more. But you can't cry at a wedding because you miss your husband. So I dialed on the charm and took out the camera. It was great to be back home with family and with friends who are so much like family. There was dancing, food, drinks, and lots of fun.
Then that very next day we all trekked out for my goddaughter's christening. It was such a personal ceremony. I am so glad that I get a chance to be part of this little one's life. I may be far away - which is a pain *thanks army* - but she is always in my heart.
My only wish really - to be closer to all the people that I love so much.
No comments:
Post a Comment