Here we go. Another school year has started. Not liking the fact that it starts on a Tuesday. At least it was a half day. I believe I was sufficiently meaner than last year and gave a lot of evil eyes today. I just need to continue the trend. Wednesday I will read them the riot act and then I need to stick to my guns and catch them early on. I already have my eye on a couple of them.
I don't want to jinx it - I think this year might be a lot better than last year. Granted I will have more work seeing as my class sizes have nearly doubled in size. My last hour class has 28 students. I only have 25 desks but we made it work.
It was neat to have a bunch of students wandering the halls who actually knew me and said hello. I actually felt like some of the other teachers - ones who know bunches of students.
I got a lot of compliments as well. I wore a skirt - SHOCKING. I did my hair nice - compared to wearing it back all year. One of the other teachers actually said I looked a lot thinner. Yey, thank you. I didn't think anyone would really notice. Since Andrew has left, I have lost about 7 pounds and now I am working to maintain that. Was very nice to hear.
I feel quite exhausted today even though I didn't do much.
Hey - I'll have visitors tomorrow and that makes me happy. The more intriguing thing will be if I manage to be awake when they get here.
No comments:
Post a Comment