Exhaustion

The word that describes this past week. I was working on overdrive in preparation for that charity event. How I managed to keep my head screwed on straight is a miracle. I did not get home until the wee hours of the morning on Saturday and boy, I am not used to that. You would think all the sleep deprivation and dealing with JT would allow me to function but that was not the case. Wee morning hours are not for me. It seems I have a bedtime limit - midnight. Turning into a pumpkin is not fun.

I spent all of Saturday in pajamas trying to recover. It was the first time in months where I am pretty sure I did absolutely nothing- with the exception of mommy type things. There was even a pile of dishes left in the sink. It was thoroughly relaxing. I could really get used to not worrying about all the little household things.

Alas, today the dishes caught up with me. I felt the strong desire to clean. So bye bye growing piles of stuff, hello clean clothes, hello floor how nice to see you again. I guess being lazy went right out the window. How do I maintain the relaxing calm feeling of Saturday yet still manage to get my to-do list done? If you have the answer, please share.

No comments:

Post a Comment