Ingredients:
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp minced onions
1 tsp onion powder
2 tbsp chili powder
2 tsp paprika
1 tsp cayenne
10 drops of Tabasco
1 beer (used Fat Tire New Belgium)
3/4 cup ketchup
3/4 cup apple cider vinegar
4 oz tomato paste (about 2/3 of a 6 oz can)
1/2 cup mustard
2 lb pork tenderloin
Steps:
1. Heat oil, minced onion and powder in a pan on medium heat (2-5 minutes)
2. Add chili powder, paprika, cayenne, and Tabasco. Stir until mixture becomes fragrant.
3. Mix in beer, ketchup, vinegar, tomato paste, and mustard. Bring to a boil.
4. Remove from heat.
5. Place tenderloin in slow cooker. Pour barbecue sauce over tenderloin. Cover and cook on low for at least 6 hours.
6. Remove tenderloin from slow cooker and shred with a fork.
The Final Product:
Oh yummy. Okay, the sauce was a little bit on the spicy side but hey, every now and again you need to clear out those sinuses. I served the pork on some home style biscuits with a side of Rice-a-Roni. It made enough sauce that I have now have a wonderful Mason jar filled with it. No need to buy barbecue sauce for a while. :)
I apologize if the formatting is a bit off. I am using an app to upload this post. Nice to not have to be sitting right in front of the computer when I want to post.


No comments:
Post a Comment