mid-week hump

Well the wedding…went well I suppose. Everyone looked fabulous. People were shocked at the high heels. My feet were shocked for the next few days. Hurt like the devil. Poor tootsies are not used to being in the position for so long. But I enjoyed myself- as much as one could when you are constantly asked- “So when is your big day going to be?” “Your time is coming up soon.” Thanks a lot for all the pressure. Just makes me want to stick a sharp object in my eye. Yeah, thanks.

Anyways I guess that is about it. Besides my saying…for the first time since I’ve been out of school, I actually feel like life is in motion. Like I am moving in a good direction. I am going next week to SC to look at a couple of apartments. A couple of really nice deals. Both within walking distance of the campus. I am very excited to go. I think I may email the grad director see if there is a chance I could stop in to take a look at the department, maybe meet a couple of professors or other grad students. Find out what the new *home* will be like. I’m so excited to have so much planning and to-do-ing to be done. Not to mention it’s hit me that really 2 months is all I have left. Two months- probably the biggest change of my life. And that doesn’t include the whole accent thing. I am pretty sure I’ll be kept quite busy for me to really have enough time to bask in the change. There is one thing I will miss though- the Puppy. To bad about the no pets rule.

No comments:

Post a Comment