Day 99 - Addendum

Friday I received notice that the math department at the high school is most certainly losing 2 positions.  One will be lost by someone retiring.  The school will just not find a replacement for them.  That leaves one position left to be cut.  The chair came to let me know that my spot and another teacher's is up for the cut. (We are both new additions to the faculty.)  It is somewhat sad, but it was something I realized could happen a while back...at the end of the last semester.

Goodness, I could use less stress.  To be honest, these next 6 weeks could not go by any faster.  This group has drained me completely with their total lack of motivation.  I would love to be a no-stress, anxiety-less me when Andy finally comes home in 9 months.

But there is an upside - i guess you can call it that.  There will be an open position at one of the middle schools to teach 8th grade Algebra 1.  So if I was interested in teaching middle school I could do that.

So I have some options - have the school cut me and start collecting unemployment.  Lead a life of cleaning cooking and general laziness over the last portion of the deployment.   Option 2 - have the school cut me and then come back as a substitute.  That would definitely be less stress.  Option 3 - teach at the middle school.  I thought that my teaching license was only for 9-12.  It turns out it is a 6-12 license.  So I would not have to do any extra work (coursework or stupid ETS tests).  This group would be kids who are advanced and would be motivated.  Total opposite of the kids I have now.

Not sure what option to pick.  Leaning towards option 2 or 3.  If I can get in another good year of salaried work, it would be fantastic.  We could save some extra money, maybe go on a trip or something.  To be honest, I am almost at the point where I would be totally content to be a stay at home wife - so long as I can get out of the house every once in a while.  If I do that, we will need to live a bit more frugally.  But we will cross that bridge when we come to it.

So that's the news

No comments:

Post a Comment