Day 99

What a week it has been.  My allergies have kicked in - HARD.  My head is totally congested - mucus everywhere (okay well not everywhere), and my hearing is affected by the congestion.  I have been coughing a lot more lately as well...and sneezing.

Wednesday night I went to the Board of Ed meeting.  Not only in NJ are things run a muck and absolutely absurd.  It was about 3 hours of my life I will never get back. Thursday was alright except when my head is congested I get so much more annoyed at students - so I send them out of my classroom.  Oh, and I forgot...there was a bat in my classroom.  Yes, thankfully none of my students were in the room and it happened during the last period of the day.  Called maintenance - but it managed to fly out of the classroom, navigated past some students, down 2 hallways before knocking itself out.  Damn those lockers and echolocation!  Friday was yet another quiz day - ahh the joys of grading.  I promised one of my students that I would attend their soccer game.  I even got to bring Silvio.  So that was super lots of fun.  Even more fun if it was not 50 degrees outside and looking like rain.  I also got some other news - but that is for a closed post I think.

I spend today doing some errands and work.  All the grading is done.  Got a fresh batch of impatiens (white, red, and scarlet - Go DICKINSON) for my fun patch of dirt and ton of potting soil.  Didn't even need to use it.  There is money down the drain.  I think next weekend I will get some basil, parsley, oregano, and plant those.  Finally bought some chairs for the front porch.  They are mission style rocking chairs.  I think they will look awesome.  I also dusted and vacuumed for the first time in a long time. 

We are so close to the end - only 6 more weeks left.  I can not wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment