First, Happy Easter everyone. It was an absolutely beautiful day today. Silvio and I took a nice long walk out this afternoon. It was such a good walk that it got Silvio panting. Crazy I know.
I am glad this past week is over. I still feel a bit down in the dumps but definitely better than last Monday (although I almost had a moment today during dinner). Andrew is "safely" (ha ha ha) back downrange. It looks like he will have a bunch of different things to keep him busy over the next couple of months. There is some rumor that some select few might get to come home early. With how our luck has been landing, I am guessing we will not fit into that rumor even if it is true. The cookie just does not crumble that way for us.
This past week was nuts. My students were....nuts. I felt like poop. To top it all off, I was observed - 3 times (by the same administrator). But that turned out alright. The vibe I got - I could be a really great math teacher. It's just year 1 but once it is under my belt and I can get a chance to expand my ideas and activities things will look up. They (administration) would really like me to stick around barring any budget issues. But we all have budget issues. We will see what happens come the end of May.
God, the end of May. Eight more weeks - non stop. I might take a sick day or a personal day or something. I honestly think they should redo this whole calendar deal. I'd much rather have a long weekend every other 2 weeks. Then I can recharge my batteries. Alas, that will never happen, I'm sure.
I spent most of today getting two weeks of materials ready for both algebra and geometry. This is a good thing - except I still need to write my actual lessons out. The way I have things scheduled - I only have about 2 more weeks worth of materials that I need to make up. The rest of the time I need to prep for finals, and make sure that I have the final exams all ready to go. I think I can manage squaring all of this away during April. Too ambitious? I hope not.
Other than that I am looking forward to summer just as much as the students are.
Oh wait - I had to kill a huge spider today - inside the house. So I got my gardening gloves and a huge container of pest control and sprayed everywhere. In the house by the grates, in the basement where all the pipes and things come into the house, all the doors, all the windows, outside along all the doors and the windows. Ugh, bugs. How I despise you so!
No comments:
Post a Comment