Day 133

The past two weeks have been insane.  I'm not even sure where to begin.  note to self:  If you wrote more frequently you wouldn't have to cover two weeks at a time.

On the job front, I spent the two weeks on pins and needles.  No one really had any information to me.   But by Wednesday this week, I had an inkling I was safe from a last minute cut.  As of now I officially still have a job.  No word on what exactly I will get to teach.  I guess I will find out during the last week of school.  i really would like the summer to revamp or prep for next year.  I might actually get some regular classes and not Schools to Careers.  It makes me a little sad then - my classes were never boring.  As one student said to me,  you know Ms. G - the thugs got your back.  Not a lot of teachers can claim that apparently.  We have our differences but they know I won't tell them something I don't believe to be true.

I went to a Tupperware party.  That was fun.  The next day I was supposed to go to the Math Department end of year get together but I spent the whole day either passed out or throwing up.  What a fun day.  I went to school the next day cause I felt mildly better.  I should have just stayed home since all I got was grief for munching on my plain old cheerios.  "They aren't even the honey nut kind!!!  How can you eat that?? You lose Ms. G."

I attended the Army Wife Network: Spouse Field Exercise yesterday.  It was a lot of fun.  A great night were I didn't feel self conscious about being by myself in public - like when I try to eat out at restaurants by myself.  That doesn't happen often by the way.  It made me wish we were back in Lawton.  We had a good group of friends and good time.  For some reason, I feel that here in Manhattan I have been lacking in my friend making skills.  I guess it is a combination of a bunch of things - not being able to fully participate in events while working, and not being a super outgoing person.  It is one of those army - life things I am still working on.  I admit though that it leaves me a little sad.

Beckie and Morgan had their baby girl early this morning.  Little Miss Adina.  My goddaughter.  I feel so honored.  She is beautiful.  I can not wait to meet her in about a month.

Next Monday is our 2 year anniversary.  The army is 2-0 for making us spend it apart.  Andy was really sweet.  He got me Mastering the Art of French Cooking by Julia Childs.  Gosh, I love cookbooks.  I have a bunch of textbooks to read right now though.  I should be able to enjoy it over the summer though.  I just hope that he gets my package in time.  My luck it will show up a week later.

Check in later.

No comments:

Post a Comment