I am in a funk. I am not sure how else to explain it. I just feel like there are very few coworkers there I can relate to or have a decent conversation with. So I sit and hang in my room - I refuse to go to the Teacher's Lounge at lunch. I'll just end up talking smack about my students - and I am really trying this year not to think ill of them. As much as I try, it isn't working. Some of them are just not making a great impression on me (don't take that the wrong way - this year is better than last year by far when it comes to students). But I feel a little left out of the loop. Like I am not involved. Believe right now I have no desire to add an extra curricular activity to my list - but I just feel like I have no roots. No connections. No one there really gets the whole army thing and I don't have any kids.
I guess some of it is partially my fault. I don't go seek others out for company - I sit in my classroom and grade papers over lunch. But I try my very hardest to be happy smiley face and say good morning or good afternoon to everyone. I suppose I'm just way to quiet or boring to have lots of fellow teachers want to initiate a conversation.
It just feels really odd in comparison to the two years at Brookdale. I got to really know the ladies/gents I was working with and it happened fairly quickly. It was so easy to shoot the breeze. Maybe I just am not in the right environment. But we will leave those thoughts for another ponder-ance. Maybe a few months down the road...
No comments:
Post a Comment