Day 253

I have managed to survive the first four weeks of school.  Tomorrow we embark on week number 5.  But that means there are only 13 more weeks left in the fall semester.  The fall semester is so short.  But that is alright.  It brings me closer to having Andy home.

I have had a busy weekend.  Friday was particularly long.  I had school all day with a painful cough.  I came home to try to wrap up my grading.  Did that and napped for about a half hour.  Then jetted out for the football game.  I saw a lot of students there.  I think they find it amusing that I am there.  After the homecoming game, I signed up to chaperon the homecoming fun night.  Believe you me by 9:30 I was ready for bed not for 2 hours of blasting music/karoake/raffles.  I didn't get home until after midnight.  Yikes.

Saturday - I woke up feeling awful.  Throat was not working properly.  I vacuumed and dusted the whole house - which probably didn't help.  I got up on the ladder again to change light bulbs.  I can't wait til Andy is home and he can change the lightbulbs.  I'm not a fan of the ladder.  I went to mass which was nice.  I saw a lot of familiar people there.  I guess this place is becoming more like a home.  Came home to a load of laundry.  Fun

Today - got up a bit late - still with some throat issues.  I can't tell if if is an actual sore throat or some awful case of allergies.  I talked to Andy for a bit, made some beef soup, and then mapped out the rest of the semester.  This year it seems so much easier to be prepared for my classes.  Last year, I could not get more than 2 weeks ahead.  Now I know where i am headed for 3 months.  Maybe it is because i am familiar with the text and understand how to pace the students a bit better.  You may ask why all the planning for the end of the semester.  When Andy gets home, I would really appreciate having as much free time as possible with him.  These hours put in planning now will turn out to be a godsend later when we want to take little trips when he comes home.

I did get a whole new batch of books in the mail.  I am currently reading Mathematical Universe.  Have up on the docket:  Quantum Evolution, Don't Take Away My Lemonade Stand, The Tao of Physics, On Food and Cooking, and Euler's Gem (written by my honors thesis advisor at Dickinson - David Richeson).  I am super excited about reading these books even though they may seem a little on the dry = academic side.

Catch ya later - I am hoping this week will be a breeze.

No comments:

Post a Comment