Day 248

On a somewhat random note, I have stopped making big meals for myself and have returned to the microwave/prepared meal option.  Yes, I still bring my lunchables - Deli Select kind, not that weird processed salt filled kind geared towards small children - with me to school for lunch.  I try to make meals on the weekends but the weeknights have been unpredictable lately.  I don't really have a set time to come home, or I am home early and spend 3 hours grading or whatever.

But I guess what is the thing that concerns me the most is that (and don't take this the wrong way) - I still lost a couple of pounds over the past 3.5 weeks.  I am not sure if this can be attributed to no soda drinking, which by the way I don't even have a desire to drink anymore.  Even Coke or Ginger Ale, my two favorites, just seem way to sugar -y.  I don't know if it is stress or what.   I do not even get the chance to workout on a regular basis.

Maybe I should go eat a package full of cookies or something.  Yeah I could do that.

Other news - had a meeting with my second year mentor.  I really like her.  She is a bit on the busier side.  But I feel like she is so much more down to earth and that I can talk to her about issues and things.  I guess that is good because it counteracts my not so good experience with PLC this year.  Other than that, I am still wavering as to what I should do for next year.  I feel like I am such a better lecturer that I belong in a community college setting with office hours - but my students are so....much fun.  Maybe that is a consequence of the fact that I sit on the weekend and evenings talking to Silvio all day.  Their conversation is better than no adult conversations.

Ack wine makes my stream of consciousness just a little off.  I need to take out the garbage and take Silvio for a walk.

Check in later.

No comments:

Post a Comment